On Thursday, December 3, 2015, narcotic detectives and deputies from the LaSalle Parish Sheriff’s Office served arrest warrants on individuals charged with distribution of controlled dangerous substances, according to LaSalle Sheriff Scott Franklin. LPSO detectives had evidence of distribution and obtained warrants through the 28th Judicial District Court for five individuals, who all were apprehended and booked into the LaSalle Parish Jail.
Those arrested included:
- Rodney Scott Smith, 51, of Trout, charged with distribution of CDS II, methamphetamine. Bond was set at $30,000.
- Roger Boyette, 37, of Tullos, charged with distribution of CDS III, hydrocodone. Bond was set at $30,000.
- Lucio Raymond Holmes, 24, of Olla, charged with three counts of distribution of CDS II, methamphetamine, and distribution of CDS I, synthetic cannabis. Bond was set at $60,000.
- William Jason McGee, 39, of Jena, charged with distribution of CDS II, methamphetamine. Bond was set at $30,000.
- Ricky L. Morgan, 55, of Georgetown, was charged with distribution of CDS II, methamphetamine. Morgan was arrested with assistance from the Grant Parish Sheriff’s Office and transported to LaSalle and booked. As of press time on Monday, December 7, 2015, he was still awaiting a bond hearing.
Sheriff Franklin commended all the narcotic detectives and deputies involved in making the cases and arrest of these individuals. “Our war on the distribution of illegal narcotics in LaSalle Parish is never ending,” the Sheriff said. “Our narcotic detectives work around the clock in making cases and arrests to keep our communities safe from the sale and use of these illegal drugs.”